This document provides an overview of the responsibility, leading and supporting task, experience, knowledge, personal traits & skills of the Team Leader – Welding.
As the main representative, the Team Leader – Welding has a key role in the organisation. The Team Leader – Welding is responsible for a wide range of tasks such as managing the daily activities of the team, ensuring work is completed on time and in full to the required quality.
The Team Leader – Welding proactively initiates, executes, develops and evaluates in good cooperation with relevant employees, peers and Departmental Manager timely the following tasks:
Leading (Expert Function)
- Responsible for assisting your line manager in the daily running of the production area and all personnel within your area of control
- Responsible for all aspects of safety within your section
- Ensure production and output meets quality expectations
- Run daily VMS board meetings to update employees within your area and report issues or problems to your line manager or through the Production meeting
- To deliver O.T.I.F being measured on:
- The expected product (reference and quality)
- The quantity ordered by the customer
Supporting (Support Function)
- Releasing of work orders when required
- Chasing Shortages when required
- Implement efficiency changes to increase output of the area
- Assist in site projects when required.
Personal Traits & Skills
- High Performance attitude & drive; not wanting to be average in terms of personal development and achieving business results. Entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent leadership and management skills; equipped with strong and effective communication, interpersonal & listening skills
- Positive, constructive attitude radiating energy and drive to accomplish goals & targets
- Energy & focus to achieve – group – results in a professional manner
- Self-starter; Able to work independently, preferably without supervision, but as part of the team
- Creative & inquisitive; out of the box thinker
- Consulting & service attitude; a humble, but resolute behaviour
- Intrinsically motivated; eager to learn
- Analytical; you can think strategically, and you can handle complexity
- Assertive; not afraid to ask questions and to make mistakes
- Capable of working with deadlines while ensuring high quality of results delivered
- Representative, networker, eye for detail, able to make things happen.
Background & Experience
Experience leading a team.
Worked within OEM.
Specific remarks concerning the job of the Team Leader – Welding are:
The Team Leader – Welding reports to the Welding and Fabrication Manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer
- A fixed term, fulltime position
- 37.5 weekly working hours
- Monday – Wednesday 07:00 to 17:00
- Thursday 07:00 to 16:30
- EAP System
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Long Service Award Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice pension scheme
- Life assurance, subject to participating in the Company pension scheme.