This document provides an overview of the responsibility, leading and supporting tasks, experience, knowledge, personal traits & skills of the Project Engineer. It concerns a complete Project Engineer responsibility with a strong focus on leading technical delivery to support business requirements.
As a key team member within the Group R&D organisation, the Project Engineer has a key role in the organisation. The Project Engineer is concerned with technical developments (e.g. automation, software, mechanical and electrical) and involved in projects and tasks from start to end. These projects and tasks could involve the development of new products as well as developing solutions to resolve structural design issues, improve quality and reduce cost. The Project Engineer may have responsibilities in specific areas defined by product groups, product development or maintenance, area of expertise or other and act as a liaison between R&D and other stakeholders.
The Project Engineer proactively initiates, executes, develops and evaluates in good cooperation with relevant employees, peers and management in a timely manner the following tasks:
Leading (Expert Function)
- Lead the preparation of specifications and functional requirements of products and/or product ranges, to meet and exceed customer needs in close collaboration with experts and Product Management (preparation of departmental action or sub-contractor order)
- Coordinate project elements from ‘idea’ to ‘product’ including scoping, requirement specification, concept design, detailed design, development, verification, validation and implementation. Liaising and engaging with other functions throughout the process to ensure successful delivery
- Manage, lead and execute projects of low and medium complexity, focusing on the performance aspects time, quality, cost, scope, risk, and benefits
- Lead and conduct in-house tests, field tests and certification test to ensure product characteristics and performance meets and exceeds customer requirements and quality standards
- Preparation and maintenance of technical file for products and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards
- Lead the resolution of technical related issues regarding products and/or product range, utilising the relevant internal and external experts
- Lead the control and prioritisation of product design issues regarding products and/or product ranges in close collaboration with Product Management
- Lead the communication of issue resolution and information gathering from and to both internal and external customers
- Actively seek to improve the achievement of issue resolution to provide ‘best in class’ support to internal and external customers
- Work methodically and measure performance through KPI’s to learn and continuously improve
- Preparing monthly reports and sharing views to proactively support development of our business.
Supporting (Support Function)
- Provide expert supporting when required
- Assist in design activities, including dependant on candidate’s area of expertise; preparing 3D models, mechanical or electrical drawings, software development, develop test rigs
- Assist developing and writing technical documentation regarding products and/or product range to dealers, employees and end customers in cooperation with Technical Support and Product Management.
Personal Traits & Skills
- High Performance attitude & drive; not wanting to be average in terms of personal development and achieving business results. Entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent leadership and management skills; equipped with strong and effective communication, interpersonal & listening skills
- Positive, constructive attitude radiating energy and drive to accomplish goals & targets
- Energy & focus to achieve – group – results in a professional manner
- Self-starter; Able to work independently, preferably without supervision, but as part of the team
- Creative & inquisitive; out of the box thinker
- Consulting & service attitude; a humble, but resolute behaviour
- Intrinsically motivated; eager to learn
- Analytical; you can think strategically, and you can handle complexity
- Assertive; not afraid to ask questions and to make mistakes
- Capable of working with deadlines while ensuring high quality of results delivered
- Representative, networker, eye for detail, able to make things happen.
Background & Experience
- Demonstrable passion for engineering
- Demonstrable drive for personal progression
- Willingness to travel to different locations
- Possess current driving license
- Competent in Microsoft office applications.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Working experience with automation and/or robotic systems
- Working experience in project management
- Issue resolution and management experience
- Experience or affinity with dairy farming
- Machinery directive compliance experience.
Specific remarks concerning the job of the Project Engineer are:
- The Project Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer
- A permanent, fulltime position
- 37.5 weekly working hours
- Monday – Wednesday 08:00 to 17:00 (onsite)
- Thursday 08:00 to 16:30 (onsite)
- Friday 08:00 to 12:00 (working from home)
- EAP System
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Long Service Award Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice pension scheme
- Life assurance, subject to participating in the Company pension scheme.