This document provides an overview of the responsibility, leading and supporting task, experience, knowledge, personal traits & skills of the Production Engineer.
As the main representative, the Production Engineer has a key role in the organisation. The Production Engineer is responsible for a wide range of tasks such as increasing OTIF by effective ways of implementing and managing efficiency gains though small and large step changes.
The Production Engineer proactively initiates, executes, develops and evaluates in good cooperation with relevant employees, peers and Operations Manager timely the following tasks:
Leading (Expert Function)
- Managing the routings and timings for production
- Updating and maintaining batch sizes
- Set up routings for NPI and maintaining existing routings
- Maintaining and updating the master data for production
- Implementing and running of production efficiency projects to increase production output and increase site performance with reduced cost.
Supporting (Support Function)
- Provide support for colleagues
- Assist with managing site projects.
Personal Traits & Skills
- High Performance attitude & drive; not wanting to be average in terms of personal development and achieving business results. Entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent leadership and management skills; equipped with strong and effective communication, interpersonal & listening skills
- Positive, constructive attitude radiating energy and drive to accomplish goals & targets
- Energy & focus to achieve – group – results in a professional manner
- Self-starter; Able to work independently, preferably without supervision, but as part of the team
- Creative & inquisitive; out of the box thinker
- Consulting & service attitude; a humble, but resolute behaviour
- Intrinsically motivated; eager to learn
- Analytical; you can think strategically, and you can handle complexity
- Assertive; not afraid to ask questions and to make mistakes
- Capable of working with deadlines while ensuring high quality of results delivered
- Representative, networker, eye for detail, able to make things happen.
Background & Experience
- OEM Manufacturing experience
- Experience in ERP Systems.
- Infor LN ERP System
- Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing.
Specific remarks concerning the job of the Production Engineer are:
- The Production Engineer reports to the Operations Manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer
- A fixed term, fulltime position
- 37.5 weekly working hours
- Monday – Wednesday 08:00 to 17:00 (onsite)
- Thursday 08:00 to 16:30 (onsite)
- Friday 08:00 to 12:00 (working from home)
- EAP System
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Long Service Award Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice pension scheme
- Life assurance, subject to participating in the Company pension scheme.