This document provides an overview of the responsibility, leading and supporting task, experience, knowledge, personal traits & skills of a Warehouse Operative. It concerns a complete Warehouse Operative’s responsibility with a strong focus on accuracy, maintaining departmental KPI’s.
As Warehouse operative, you will aspire to learn all roles/tasks within the department, inclusive of picking, receiving goods, packing. Contribute to key projects that assist in picking, despatch improvements. Always conduct self in a professional way, enforcing Company safety policy during any function required.
The Warehouse Operative proactively initiates, executes, develops, and evaluates in good cooperation with relevant employees, peers, other departments and Logistics Management timely the following tasks:
Leading (Expert Function)
- Ensure that targets are met regarding receiving goods, picking and despatching
- Ensure that accuracy of picking, receiving and despatching goods is to a high standard
- Adhere to Company health and safety policy
- Responsible for assisting Logistics & departmental management in the daily running of department/business.
Supporting (Support Function)
- Contribute to departmental improvements regarding improving picking times
- Inform line manager of any safety improvements or concerns in daily departmental meeting
- Assist the quality department with any projects to improve quality of the product
Personal Traits & Skills
- High Performance attitude & drive; not wanting to be average in terms of personal development and achieving business results. Entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent leadership and management skills; equipped with strong and effective communication, interpersonal & listening skills
- Positive, constructive attitude radiating energy and drive to accomplish goals & targets
- Energy & focus to achieve – group – results in a professional manner
- Self-starter; Able to work independently, preferably without supervision, but as part of the team
- Creative & inquisitive; out of the box thinker
- Consulting & service attitude; a humble, but resolute behaviour
- Intrinsically motivated; eager to learn
- Analytical; you can think strategically, and you can handle complexity
- Assertive; not afraid to ask questions and to make mistakes
- Capable of working with deadlines while ensuring high quality of results delivered
- Representative, networker, eye for detail, able to make things happen.
Background & Experience
- Previous experience within Warehousing
- Competent PC skills including Microsoft packages
- FLT License
- Experience within computer systems e.g., MRP, LN
- Safety Conscious Attitude IOSH trained
Specific remarks concerning the job of the Team Leader are:
The Team Leader Reports to the Area Manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer
- A permanent, fulltime position
- 37.5 weekly working hours
- Monday – Wednesday 08:00 to 17:00
- Thursday 08:00 to 16:30
- Friday 08:00 to 12:00
- EAP System
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Long Service Award Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice pension scheme
- Life assurance, subject to participating in the Company pension scheme.