This document provides an overview of the responsibility, leading and supporting task, experience, knowledge, personal traits & skills of the HR Advisor. It concerns a complete HR Advisor responsibility with a strong focus on supporting the UK organisation and its employees.
As the main representative, the HR Advisor has a key role in the organisation. The HR Advisor is responsible for a wide range of tasks such as the day-to-day functioning of the HR department, taking an advisory role on best practices for recruitment and the retention of staff and overseeing grievances, disciplinary actions and facilitate conflict resolutions.
The HR Advisor proactively initiates, executes, develops and evaluates in good cooperation with relevant employees, peers and Group MD timely the following tasks:
Leading (Expert Function)
- Advisor for all HR matters, including disciplinaries, grievances, policies and procedures, and recruitment
- Partnering with line managers to review employee relations, performance management, resourcing, staff management and short service dismissals
- Manage Settlement Agreements for employees
- Progress the necessary administrative tasks such as drafting contracts of employment, variation letters and any other written correspondence to employees
- Maintain personnel files and records
- Point of contact for employees
- Salary benchmarking
- Administer employee benefits
- Initiate employee engagement activities and events
- Guide and assist managers during interview process
- Manage Occupational Health appointments and Referrals
- Coordinate and conduct training to employees
- Organise a new starter induction
- Handle HR matters reliably and in accordance with legal requirements
- Ensure notice boards are up to date with relevant communications.
Supporting (Support Function)
- Support the HR Manager with various HR activities
- Point of contact for managers with employee and departmental concerns
- Issue business communications via letter/emails/meetings
- Assist the HR Manager to provide a proactive and effective HR service
- Continually monitor and ensure timely update of the employee handbook, supported by a suite of employment policies reflective of current employment legislation and best practice
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices
- Organisational structure – ensure all departments organograms are up to date.
Personal Traits & Skills
- High Performance attitude & drive; not wanting to be average in terms of personal development and achieving business results. Entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent leadership and management skills; equipped with strong and effective communication, interpersonal & listening skills
- Positive, constructive attitude radiating energy and drive to accomplish goals & targets
- Energy & focus to achieve – group – results in a professional manner
- Self-starter; Able to work independently, preferably without supervision, but as part of the team
- Creative & inquisitive; out of the box thinker
- Consulting & service attitude; a humble, but resolute behaviour
- Intrinsically motivated; eager to learn
- Analytical; you can think strategically, and you can handle complexity
- Assertive; not afraid to ask questions and to make mistakes
- Capable of working with deadlines while ensuring high quality of results delivered
- Representative, networker, eye for detail, able to make things happen.
Background & Experience
- CIPD Level 3 Certificate/Diploma qualified
- Previous experience as a HR Advisor
- Experience in processing payroll and pension contributions
- Knowledge of IT and HR systems
- Experience in participating in an affective on boarding process.
Specific remarks concerning the job of the HR Advisor are:
- The HR Advisor reports to the HR Manager
- The HR Advisor must keep personal information confidential at all times.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer
- A temporary, fulltime position
- 37.5 weekly working hours
- Monday – Wednesday 08:00 to 17:00 (onsite)
- Thursday 08:00 to 16:30 (onsite)
- Friday 08:00 to 12:00 (working from home)
- EAP System
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Long Service Award Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice pension scheme
- Life assurance, subject to participating in the Company pension scheme.