This document provides an overview of the responsibility, leading and supporting task, experience, knowledge, personal traits & skills of the Group Financial Controller. It concerns a complete Group Financial Controller responsibility with a strong focus on the timely and accurate preparation of accounts and reports for all Group companies and Group R&D business partnering.
As the main representative, the Group Financial Controller has a key role in the organisation. The Group Financial Controller is responsible for a wide range of tasks such as overseeing the preparation of timely monthly consolidated management reporting for the Fullwood Packo Group.
The Group Financial Controller proactively initiates, executes, develops and evaluates in good cooperation with relevant employees, peers and Group FD timely the following tasks:
Leading (Expert Function)
- Preparation of timely monthly consolidated management reporting for the Fullwood Packo Group.
- Transactional processing of all Group related journals/adjustments.
- Reviewing all subsidiary accounts for accuracy and completeness, implementing improvements where necessary.
- Balance sheet reconciliation process for the UK and compliance in subsidiaries through internal audit processes.
- Group Insurance arrangements.
- Lucanet reporting tool and consolidation improvements.
- Cost centre variance analysis review structure for Group R&D/Engineering including detailed external costs and internal FTE by Project.
- Driving Capex and R&D Financial Procedures and policies.
- Production of Management accounts analysis and dashboard/KPI analysis for Group R&D/Engineering and identification/explanation of all major variance’s vs Target/Budget/Prior Year etc.
Supporting (Support Function)
- R&D Tax credit, R&D grant processes and periodic impairment review.
- Preparation for all Strategic Plans, Budgets and forecasts for Group R&D/Engineering ensuring involvement/interaction with the major cost owners.
- Validating and challenging Purchasing and operational excellence savings plans for Group R&D/Engineering
- Pre-investment and Post-investment appraisal of Capex/Opex projects/opportunities and Capital Investment process across the Fullwood Packo Group.
Personal Traits & Skills
- High Performance attitude & drive; not wanting to be average in terms of personal development and achieving business results. Entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent leadership and management skills; equipped with strong and effective communication, interpersonal & listening skills
- Positive, constructive attitude radiating energy and drive to accomplish goals & targets
- Energy & focus to achieve – group – results in a professional manner
- Self-starter; Able to work independently, preferably without supervision, but as part of the team
- Creative & inquisitive; out of the box thinker
- Consulting & service attitude; a humble, but resolute behaviour
- Intrinsically motivated; eager to learn
- Analytical; you can think strategically, and you can handle complexity
- Assertive; not afraid to ask questions and to make mistakes
- Capable of working with deadlines while ensuring high quality of results delivered
- Representative, networker, eye for detail, able to make things happen.
Background & Experience
- Qualified – ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Experience of preparation/review of Management Accounts
- Excellent Excel skills • Excellent Analytical skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy of outputs
- Completer finisher
- Keen to add value and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience of ERP system is highly desirable
- Manufacturing experience is highly desirable
- Experience of statutory accounts and liaising with auditors is desirable.
Specific remarks concerning the job of the Group Financial Controller are:
- The Group Financial Controller reports to the Group Finance Director.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer
- A fixed term, fulltime position
- 37.5 weekly working hours
- Monday – Wednesday 08:00 to 17:00 (onsite)
- Thursday 08:00 to 16:30 (onsite)
- Friday 08:00 to 12:00 (working from home)
- EAP System
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Long Service Award Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice pension scheme
- Life assurance, subject to participating in the Company pension scheme.