This document provides an overview of the responsibility, leading and supporting task, experience, knowledge, personal traits & skills of the Customer Services Administrator. It concerns a complete Customer Services Administrator responsibility with a strong focus on ensuring that high standards of customer care are a priority.
As the main representative, the Customer Services Administrator has a key role in the organisation. The Customer Services Administrator is responsible for a wide range of tasks such as being responsible for daily administration tasks within the department, ensuring that the duties of a Customer Services Administrator are fulfilled to this highest standard and ensuring that you ‘lead by example’.
The Customer Services Administrator proactively initiates, executes, develops, and evaluates in good cooperation with relevant employees, peers and Group MD timely the following tasks:
Leading (Expert Function)
- Process Invoices for pre-payment of large orders and chase payment of these invoices according to specified payment terms
- Create commercial invoices in line with requirements for customs processing
- To deal efficiently with any problems with orders, shipments or pricing queries raised by Customer’s
- Communicate with Customers/Subsidiaries on a regular basis to advise them of outstanding orders, changes to orders or delivery dates or any other amendment which may occur
- To continually look to improve internal processes to increase accuracy, efficiency and responsiveness to the Customer Service Department as a whole
- To ensure that all daily, weekly, or monthly procedures are followed using the system efficiently with the use of SWI’s
- To Prepare and/or record data as and when required
- To co-ordinate the handling of difficult or urgent situations
- To respond to all internal departments promptly and efficiently
- To ensure all tasks are completed within the required timescales
- Make pro-active decisions in line with customer’s needs and company policies
Supporting (Support Function)
- Co-ordinate the handling of difficult or urgent situations
- Support of activities regarding cross departmental and/or intercompany related activities in close cooperation with the functional department heads; liaise with Purchasing, Production, Assembly and Logistics to ensure orders are sent OTIF
Personal Traits & Skills
- High Performance attitude & drive; not wanting to be average in terms of personal development and achieving business results. Entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent leadership and management skills; equipped with strong and effective communication, interpersonal & listening skills
- Positive, constructive attitude radiating energy and drive to accomplish goals & targets
- Energy & focus to achieve – group – results in a professional manner
- Self-starter; Able to work independently, preferably without supervision, but as part of the team
- Creative & inquisitive; out of the box thinker
- Consulting & service attitude; a humble, but resolute behaviour
- Intrinsically motivated; eager to learn
- Analytical; you can think strategically, and you can handle complexity
- Assertive; not afraid to ask questions and to make mistakes
- Capable of working with deadlines while ensuring high quality of results delivered
- Representative, networker, eye for detail, able to make things happen.
Background & Experience
- Knowledge of all business units and their customer service requirements
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in service delivery
- Strong Customer Service skills and experience
- Ability to build good working relationships with both internal and external Customers both UK based and rest of world
- Experience in working in a high pressure and volume environment
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word and Excel
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service.
- GCSE Grade C or above in Math’s & English
- Experience within in a Customer Service/Administrator-based role
- Import/Export documentation experience
- Customs clearance experience.
Specific remarks concerning the job of the Customer Services Administrator are:
- The Customer Services Administrator reports to the Customer Services Manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer
- A permanent, fulltime position
- 37.5 weekly working hours
- Monday – Thursday 08:30 to 17:00 (onsite)
- Friday 08:30 to 14:30 (working from home)
- EAP System
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Long Service Award Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice pension scheme
- Life assurance, subject to participating in the Company pension scheme.