This document provides an overview of the responsibility, leading and supporting task, experience, knowledge, personal traits & skills of the Business Systems Analyst. The primary area of focus within IT for the Business Systems Analyst is Business Systems and Business Process.
As a Business Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for enhancing the quality of IT products and services, analysing data to inform business decisions, creating and deploying business reports and finding technological solutions to business needs. Working closely with the Busines Systems Manager, you will be part of a team who will liaise and bridge the gap between IT and the business. The Business Systems Team will analyse business processes and systems to define solutions to suit the business requirements, deliver change within a structured agile framework, manage solutions through to delivery and provide a consistent experience for project participants and stakeholders by developing and maintaining governance controls. The Business Systems Analyst will focus primarily on the technical aspect of implementing these solutions. Furthermore, the role is also critical in providing 1st line support for incidents and requests related to business systems and process.
The Business Systems Analyst proactively initiates, executes, develops and evaluates in good cooperation with relevant employees, peers and the wider IT Team timely the following tasks:
Leading (Expert Function)
- To collaboratively work with the wider business to capture existing processes and process issues and document these as business requirements
- To work closely with the Business Systems Manager to find appropriate solutions to fulfil these business requirements
- Develop and deploy reporting solutions to meet business requirements
- Provide 1st line support for incidents and requests related to business systems
- Troubleshoot problems related to business systems and escalate when necessary
- Implement changes to business systems and maintain configuration changes
- Extracting and uploading mass data changes to business systems when required
- To be able communicate effectively at all levels, including a wide range of Customers, Senior Management, Operational Staff and other IT staff.
Supporting (Support Function)
- Work closely with the Business Systems Manager to find appropriate solutions to fulfil business requirements
- Form part of the critical incident response team
- Contribute to improving internal IT processes.
Personal Traits & Skills
- High Performance attitude & drive; not wanting to be average in terms of personal development and achieving business results. Entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent leadership and management skills; equipped with strong and effective communication, interpersonal & listening skills
- Positive, constructive attitude radiating energy and drive to accomplish goals & targets
- Energy & focus to achieve – group – results in a professional manner
- Self-starter; Able to work independently, preferably without supervision, but as part of the team
- Creative & inquisitive; out of the box thinker
- Consulting & service attitude; a humble, but resolute behaviour
- Intrinsically motivated; eager to learn
- Analytical; you can think strategically, and you can handle complexity
- Assertive; not afraid to ask questions and to make mistakes
- Capable of working with deadlines while ensuring high quality of results delivered
- Representative, networker, eye for detail, able to make things happen.
Background & Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of business / operational processes
- Excellent written English, able to produce documentation to suit intended audience
- Ability to operate within an agile extremely fast paced environment
- Able to manage a number of work streams at the same time
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to self-learn quickly and adapt to evolving software tools
- Influencing and initiative skills.
- Experience of working with or knowledge of programming languages and concepts
- Familiar with Infor LN CloudSuite for Industrial Enterprise and CPQ
- Experience of developing business reports with report writing tools
- Formal higher education in IT, Computer Science or related discipline.
The Business Systems Analyst reports to the Business Systems Manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer
- A permanent, fulltime position
- 37.5 weekly working hours
- Monday – Wednesday 08:00 to 17:00 (onsite)
- Thursday 08:00 to 16:30 (onsite)
- Friday 08:00 to 12:00 (working from home)
- EAP System
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Long Service Award Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice pension scheme
- Life assurance, subject to participating in the Company pension scheme.