This document provides an overview of the responsibility, leading and supporting task, experience, knowledge, personal traits & skills of the BoM Engineer. It concerns a complete BoM Engineer responsibility with a strong focus on delivery high quality engineering master data and change control.
As a key team member within the Group R&D organisation, the BoM Engineer has a key role in the organisation. The BoM Engineer is responsible for a range of tasks key to the development of the specification of bill of materials used within the milking equipment, striving to achieve class leading performance.
The BoM Engineer proactively initiates, executes, develops and evaluates in good cooperation with relevant employees, peers and management in a timely manner the following tasks:
Leading (Expert Function)
- Own and manage the Engineering change process
- Ensures that all changes are progressed according to the engineering change process
- Conducts Engineering change review meetings, to ensure that all stakeholders are informed and all actions are recorded and tracked to conclusion
- Own and manage Engineering aspects of the MRP system, primarily part numbering, descriptions and structure
- Process Purchase & Warehouse Orders for Engineering Projects
- Provide Admin support to the R&D department.
Supporting (Support Function)
- Provide support to other functions in the with respect to BoM and Engineering change process.
Personal Traits & Skills
- High Performance attitude & drive; not wanting to be average in terms of personal development and achieving business results. Entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent leadership and management skills; equipped with strong and effective communication, interpersonal & listening skills
- Positive, constructive attitude radiating energy and drive to accomplish goals & targets
- Energy & focus to achieve – group – results in a professional manner
- Self-starter; Able to work independently, preferably without supervision, but as part of the team
- Creative & inquisitive; out of the box thinker
- Consulting & service attitude; a humble, but resolute behaviour
- Intrinsically motivated; eager to learn
- Analytical; you can think strategically, and you can handle complexity
- Assertive; not afraid to ask questions and to make mistakes
- Capable of working with deadlines while ensuring high quality of results delivered
- Representative, networker, eye for detail, able to make things happen.
Background & Experience
- Experience with MRP Systems
- Experience working with Engineering change process
- Understanding of technical assembly structure
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications.
- Engineering education
- Demonstrable drive for personal progression
- Experience with Infor LN MRP system.
Specific remarks concerning the job of the BoM Engineer are:
- The BoM Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer
- A fixed term, fulltime position
- 37.5 weekly working hours
- Monday – Wednesday 08:00 to 17:00 (onsite)
- Thursday 08:00 to 16:30 (onsite)
- Friday 08:00 to 12:00 (working from home)
- EAP System
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Long Service Award Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice pension scheme
- Life assurance, subject to participating in the Company pension scheme.