This document provides an overview of the responsibility, leading and supporting task, experience, knowledge, personal traits & skills of the Area Sales Manager (ASM).
As the sales representative, the ASM has a key role in the organisation. The ASM is the first point of contact to the customers in their area, with a relationship based on mutual trust and respect. The ASM is responsible for developing sales leads with and for his customers and to assist/lead the individual customized sales leads to conclusion. The ASM should keep a clear and comprehensive log of all activity through use of CRM.
The Area Sales Manager proactively initiates, executes, develops and evaluates in good cooperation with relevant employees, peers and Group MD timely the following tasks:
Leading (Expert Function)
- Together with the Country Manager, creating a region-specific sales approach to increase penetration in areas of low market share and increasing the amount of leads
- Meet regularly with the Dealer Sales Teams focussing on keeping the pipeline filled with relevant leads, discussing sales approaches, provide leadership in improving effectivity of sales processes to increase the hitting rate
- Visiting potential customers together with the salespeople to increase trust levels with Fullwood Packo involvement continuously pushing to higher hitting rates
- Maintenance of sales funnel in CRM system, updating opportunities in real-time
- Assisting customers and/or dealers with preparation of accurate and uniform quotations to end-users, which reflect the Group products to best of ability, in formats approved by Group Marketing
- Facilitating resources for dealers, to include, but not limited to; product technical and sales training, access to product and technical experts, sales and professional development of dealers
- Monitoring operational and financial performance of the dealers which ASM is responsible for, based on solid KPIs, including cash collection
- Communicates customer and/ or dealer needs, trends and requirements – via CM & Product Managers – for further development into commercial solutions based on the in-depth understanding of the market, the product, trends, and the application(s) and area(s) in which it is used and how it is used
- Assuring efficient and effective internal and external communications for quotations, orders, After Sales and Warranty
- Continuously transferring experience and knowledge regarding products and/or product groups to dealers and end customers, including all related communications
- Providing market intelligence, including competitor quotations, commercial offers and activity to ASM-peers, Country Managers and Product Managers on regular basis.
Supporting (Support Function)
- Coaching and guidance of Dealers and salespeople to support them become more effective.
Personal Traits & Skills
- High Performance attitude & drive; not wanting to be average in terms of personal development and achieving business results. Entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent leadership and management skills; equipped with strong and effective communication, interpersonal & listening skills
- Positive, constructive attitude radiating energy and drive to accomplish goals & targets
- Energy & focus to achieve – group – results in a professional manner
- Self-starter; Able to work independently, preferably without supervision, but as part of the team
- Creative & inquisitive; out of the box thinker
- Consulting & service attitude; a humble, but resolute behaviour
- Intrinsically motivated; eager to learn
- Analytical; you can think strategically, and you can handle complexity
- Assertive; not afraid to ask questions and to make mistakes
- Capable of working with deadlines while ensuring high quality of results delivered
- Representative, networker, eye for detail, able to make things happen.
Background & Experience
- Batchelor and/or master’s degree in Commercial and/or Technical subject or equivalent vocational education level
- Knowledge within cow/dairy industry
- Experience within Conventional and/or Automated Milking
- Passion for agriculture, dairy industry and Automated Solutions.
- Fluent in the local language
- Experience in Cooling Systems
- Providing a useful network.
Specific remarks concerning the job of the Area Sales Manager are:
- The Area Sales Manager reports to the UK Country Manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer
- A permanent, fulltime position
- 37.5 weekly working hours
- Monday – Wednesday 08:00 to 17:00
- Thursday 08:00 to 16:30
- Friday 08:00 to 12:00
- EAP System
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Long Service Award Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice pension scheme
- Life assurance, subject to participating in the Company pension scheme.